Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Woodlands is now your friend!



Midterm on Friday, and a lot of weekend activities planned, so I guess I'll only do a short update of some "interesting" stuff that happened to me recently. (Well, as interesting as things over here can get, anyways =p)

Recently, I got another friend request form someone on Friendster, I thought that was kinda weird, I figured that it had basically died out among ppl that I knew. It's pretty much like AsianAvenue, except this time non-Asians won't feel so weird joining, and you can't customize your page as much. I joined it a few months ago, added a bunch of friends to my list, and then kinda forgot about it. It's got some humourous stuff you can do, like suggest a match for your friend and someone else...and how you can write "testimonials" about your friends, and that you can only add ppl if you're "sure that you're really friends with so-and-so." I also found it funny how ppl set up accounts for stuff like schools and even cities -> I was checking out some persons page a while ago, and he was friends with Mississauga lol. And I finally found the Woodlands page a while ago, and I added it, so thus Friendster sent me a silly email with the title that you see above. All in all, it's not really that useful of a program...as one of my friends put it, "You can make friends....or you can make FRIENDS!! =)"

Got 2nd stats lab back today...could've gotten perfect, but then we forgot to talk about bi-as for three sampling methods...so ended up with a 70%. Oh well...and I found out that my Arthurian Legend midterm has been pushed back one class...so yay! more time to study after this totally jam packed weekend.

Got my calculus 3 midterm back on Monday. Good news = I passed. Bad news = I passed with a 50 =\ Jason got a 70...he beasted both me and Duy. A funny thing was that this time, the marking TA took the time to respond to stupid EVERY comment I made on the front of the exam. Okay, starting from like elementary school, I've always liked writing responses/comments to things on tests and quizzes if I'm finished them ahead of time. And these are things that usually shouldn't be responded to, like the date of the test, of a misspelled word on the cover page. Or adding weird in stupid and ridiculous answers to some questions in a mutiple choice test. (What is the largest planet in the solar system? a) Jupiter b) Mars c) Mercury d) Pluto e) The Death Star ) So this time, on the cover page of the calc exam, I wrote a ton of stuff - there were instructions like "No Aids Allowed." and so I put beside it "not even water?" and then the TA wrote in red pen "air?" haha

Played more Smash again today, this time it was only Melee...some funny stuff happened, like Bao rebounding off a chimmney in Onett whiel in roll our and dying, or ppl getting KO'd by bombs from where!? I was stupid and kept getting my attacks Roy countered near the start.

whoa...I actually rambled on for a quite a bit...wonder if ppl would actually understand any of it lol. Anyways...back to studying.....=\

No comments: