Sunday, February 22, 2004

By the order of Supreme Commander Wen Zhang....



Hmmm...I've got about 4 hours to kill until I'm supposed to go back to Waterloo. We planned to meet Duy at 8, which means we'll probably be leaving at around 8:30 at the earliest. I was going to take a nap, but since Wen suggested it, I figured I might as well blog some stuff and at least make some productive use of my time.

So church today was kinda weird; with like all of WAY and half of JOY gone on their respective winter retreats, and a bunch of doing Junior Worship, the kid's section was EMPTY when I walked in. There was like an average of one person per row. (each row is like 8 seats wide....and we have like 9-10 rows...?) It felt weird to be sitting there, considering how packed it usually is, and the speaker wasn't that interesting either.... I think around the time when he started speaking, two of the Junior Worship ppl came in and sat down in our section, and then a bit more ppl had come in by then...but it still mostly vacant. Also made an interesting discovery that two of my friends use the exam same kind and colour of notebook, and it'd be really really odd if they got switched one day and ended up reading each other's....Oh well...next week it'll be back to normal.

Unfortunately, Bao's Scrapped Princess cd's that he lent me wouldn't play properly on my old 233 MHz garbage comp - the sound works, but the images go at like 0.0001 frames a second. So yeah...I guess I'll have to watch it when I get home. From the one episode I saw last term and the anime event, it seems like a pretty good series though. (The main character has an interesting name, Pacifica) Although I've heard from Wen and Jason that's it's only ok...I still wanna watch it for myself and see.

On the Tuesday of reading week, Jia, Ambrose, and David Nijjar came over, and Jia and David slept over. That day, me and Duy and Jason had our calc 3 exam, which we had to study for, and it didn't go that well =(. But we still had a fun day, going to Mongolian Grill and eating tons of noodles and meat in the buffet, showing David around Waterloo (while he marveled at the campus, and kept calling UTM crap...haha) and then just hanging out and playing a bit of Smash afterwards and in between. From midnight until like 4 am, me and David stayed up talking about serious stuff, and I ended up speding about 3.5 hours telling him a long story about me and miscommunication hehe...that went well. Though what happened afterwards didn't go so well...*sigh* hopefully one day, this will all get resolved. But for now, let's not talk about it.

Thursday, I stayed up until 4 am helping to fix my sister's blog...hehe, it wasn't really a big deal, just took a long time to actually figure out what was going on, and then had to redo and copy a lot of code. But all in all, it was a good learning experience =). That day, however, combined with staying up just as late on Tues, made me super sleepy on Friday. It wouldn't have been a problem since there wasn't any fellowship due to the double retreats, but I had wanted to do something with the ppl who were left behind, but A) I didn't know who was left and B) the ppl who were left that I could contact, had already made other plans. Same thing happened on Saturday, when my friends were either gaming at the Waterloo Bro's or eating dinner with old high school friends, while I was stuck at home alone...haha. And then it turns out that Betty had wanted to have a Book Study Club meeting that night too, even though Andrew wasn't here. Should've checked my email sooner haha.

Thus ends my pretty eventful reading week - I mean, days. A lot of times I was really tired that it felt like a dream haha. Whoa...I think this is the longest entry I've written so far, and I still have to write about the highlights of our d20 games...hopefully Bao and Duy can remember some funny stuff. *Duy signs in* hmmm what a coincidence....oh wells, I guess I should stop talking now. Thanks for reading. And you are a ha gau, sit down.

No comments: