Thursday, February 12, 2004

VSA Pho night and the aftermath



So last night, went out with Bao to Vinh Tin, this Vietnamese restaurant near my house in UW, to eat Pho with some VSA ppl . It was supposed to be just a chill/hang out night. Duy had a class, so he couldn't go, and I didn't really want to go at first, but in the end I decided to join in and at least try to get to know some new ppl. I kinda succeeded a bit; besides the usual VSA ppl there like Jeff and Vu, I met Rommel, this Fillipino (I think) person who is a part of the CASA committee, but wanted to become part of the VSA to learn about Vietnamese culture, (His love for Vietnamese culture started long ago when he was young and liked some Viet girl...lol) and also Toan, the guy who's organizing the poker tournament on the 28th (in which the first place prize is a engraved bracelet and....a PS2!!!) He apparently knows his way with card games really well, and ppl were teasing him about how he got the whole club into gambling now...haha

I ate some of that vermicelli stuff with meat and no soup and spicy fish sauce, t'was good, but they gave such small servings...the places in Mississauga were way better. I also learned how to play Texas hold'em poker, which is the version that they're playing in the tournament, so now when I go, at least I won't be a total noob =) (I'll probably be able to redeem myself at the Darksteel Sealed Tournament the next day though...hopefully) All in all, it was a good night, except for the fact that when I got back, I found some ppl had been trying to talk to me on MSN, thinking I was still there...whoops =( Oh...and just to clear things up for the last time: I don't have anything against the VSA or the ppl there...I just usually have a hard time adjusting and meeting new ppl...so sometimes I dun feel like going to events...but yeah, I already wrote a long explanation as a comment on Bao's blog...

Nothing else happened after that that's worth talking about...just some studying for econ and etc.

On with today...STAT 231 was pretty interesting still...it's like the best class I have this term, and this time, Duy actually woke up for it..hehe. We got our first tests back today....the ones that we though we owned...and apparently we didn't. I got only 74%, and Duy got...not so good haha. But at least we learned what we did wrong; it was kinda stupid actually, the last few tests from the past terms all had similar questions. The first question was always "what is a unit?" and the answer was always "A person." So in this test, it looked like that answer would still work, so I used it...but it turned out to be only half right...argh

I started praying for my friend's midterms and stuff during Arthurian Legend and kinda started falling asleep lol...I think I might've taken maybe 5 lines of real notes over an hour and twenty minutes...man, that class feels so useless

Oh! one more thing I should mention before I go back to econ studying and attempting PMATH, Bao wanted us to eat out today...so we invited Wen and Jason to come along. So Wen walks over after his exam, and when he gets here, he's mad that it's been like 20 mins and we still haven't decided where to go yet. Then Wen suggests that we put our d20 system to good use...so we roll my twenty-sided die. Lemme explain first...a while ago, we were being really indecisive about where to eat for dinner, so Wen was annoyed and he came up with this idea to roll a die and just let it decide. Bao makes up this list of 20 places where we could eat, and assigns each one a number, and then we just roll the die and go to the corresponding restaurant thingy =) Well...the first roll landed on 17, which was home - that failed. Luckily, the next roll was a 2, which meant that we were off to eat Indian food at Taj Palace...afterwards, Bao dragged Jason over and forced him to play an hour of Smash with us, and...yeah, I'll talk abou that some other time...I think I've done enough ranting about my day.

Hmm...I hope the majority of my posts aren't going to be mindless like this one....right now the stuff in my blog is sort of like Bao's...but in a good way haha, just retelling what happens to me each day...meh, when I'm done my midterm and stuff, I'll have time to find something more involved to post about. Time to get, ttyl!

No comments: