Friday, February 13, 2004

Arts, Asians, and Adventures



just got to say a few things before I forget...

PMATH assignment = tanked (due to procrastination), and also missed both classes today in favour of 'studying' for Econ...which went really well, surpirsingly. I went to the exam room and just like last time, it was already jam packed even though it wasn't even time for it to start yet. So since I'm "late" I get handed an exam and a scantron card by this TA standing at the door. So I sit down, and I look around and see that most other ppl dun even have their exams yet....what the? Then when it's time to start, the teacher comes around with a stack of exams and starts passing them down each row, but of course since some ppl already had exams and some didn't...that was like a really inefficient way of doing it. Arts profs always have all these little policies and stuff that are annoying...but meh, maybe I'll talk about them later.

The exam was 20 multi choice questions, and we had 45 mins to do them. It was supposed to be harder than the first one, according to the prof...but I didn't really think so. Once again, some guy left like after 5 minutes, and I know that I had put just a bit more effort into studying, then I could've owned it. I ended up guessing on some stuff, but after the exam I checked my answers from the text book (since all the questions are basically taken straight from there anyways) and found out that I got most of those guesses right, so yay!

while walking back home, I saw a bunch of Asian ppl jay walk across the street in front of my house (Philip) and then force a bunch of cars to really slow down 'cause they were afraid of hitting them. But those ppl were walking like they owned the road, not even paying attention to the cars. Reminded me of something that happened yesterday after class: at the same intersection, me and Duy were waiting with this fob couple, who were both smoking and talking loudly in Cantonese. I was in front, so I saw a gap in the traffic coming up and dashed across the street with ample time to spare, while Duy didn't feel like risking it. The two fobs, however, started WALKING across right after me...and so as I get to the other side, I suddenly hear all this loud honking behind me...so I turn around and there are these two people strolling leisurely across the street, totally engaged in their convo and oblivious to everything else, even the cars that had to stop only a couple feet away from them.
Dang it...as I was talking with Jason later on last night, it's ppl like that that give 'fobs' and even other Asian ppl such a bad image, especially over here in UW. Especially ones that talk all through class in Chinese and make fun of ppl and the profs behind their backs, have cellphones with annoying ring tunes that always happen to ring in class, don't even try to learn any English, and generally don't show any respect to others. Blah...I know most fobs aren't like that, but I hate it when ppl treat me badly 'cause they think I am one of them, just because I look Chinese.

Thus ends my one and half rants of the day. No CCF tonight...'cause of winter retreat =( But that's ok, 'cause then I can make to our second DND session tonight without feeling guilty...hehe. And hopefully this time, Dr. Newheart won't die in one hit.

No comments: