Saturday, September 04, 2004

Getting Ninjaed by Chinese superstitions -> Magic Cards in 3D



So, today I was supposed to be going to a wedding all day, but due to a last minute change of plans, my family's only going to the reception, so currently I'm wasting time being on the computer, waiting for my mom to come home so that I can eat lunch.

Anyways, this weekend is the 2004 Magic World Championships, and so I decided to browse around the online coverage on the Wizards site to see if there was anything interesting. There weren't any special or unique types of decks this year, as everyone seemed to be playing the same typical internet decks. The tournament's almost finished, seeing as how this is Day 4 and they're already at the quaterfinals; but Saturday is the team event day, so we'll have to wait until Sunday to see who actually wins the title of World Champion for 2004. The cool thing is that there are TWO Canadians in the top 8! Canada hasn't been doing well in competitive Magic for a long time, and I don't think a Canadian has ever won the World Championships, so it'd be pretty cool if a Canadian won this year. :D It's always been either a European or an American every year before this.

Besides the actual tournament coverage in San Francisco, however, they also have several pretty cool side events going on. One of them is in the link below, and leads into the title for this blog entry.

3D Magic

Perhaps one day we should try that out with some of our cards, heh. I think maybe Barbed Lightning or Pristine Angel would look awesome done like that...too bad most of the cards I'd want to see are rare. :(

No comments: