Monday, September 06, 2004

Aiyah!!



The 2004 Magic World Championship Results

Canada was sooo close! Argh, we got Silver! Oh well, at least it's better than nothing. Next year perhaps. Canada is finally coming back into the competitive Magic scene after a long absence. Now, if only the Blue Jays would get better... :P

The crazy thing is, the World Champion this year was some 15 year old Dutch kid. That means that he'd be about in gr.10...whoa, when I was that age, I was still pretty clueless about deckbuilding, playing a super huge red/white "control" deck. Oh man, and this guy's the WORLD champion and now is $52,366 richer. I wonder what he'll do with all that money...

In other news, moving back to Waterloo on Friday. So I'll be missing fellowship and such. I think Bao is moving back on the Saturday, so I'll be the only there for a day. Hope the internet works...and we still have to go in one day beforehand to get the keys back too...sigh.

No comments: