Saturday, May 15, 2004

My new job as a gardener



The main events of yesterday involved me taking a surprise offer from Bao and deciding to take the bus to his house for the first time. It was super hot while walking around, and I missed his house the first time I walked past it 'cause a bunch of ppl were painting it and I thought it wasn't the right house! Luckily I had a bottle of water with me or I would've died of thirst.

Anyways, when I got there, it seems Duy had just woken up from a nap of some sort, and we began talking about Roy. (as in, the guy that can Blazer) apparently, Duy had been doing some testing, and found that his Blazer can kill a lot of characters easily in one hit, even if they're at 0% damage. This is especially true on stages with low ceilings like Yoshi's Island. So, after seing Bao fool around a bit while playing Burnout, we decided to play SSBM. Then Isaque came over. Eventually, I got to see effects of Blazer on light characters firsthand, as in one game, Bao was Roy, I was Mr. Game and Watch, and Duy and Isaque were playing other chars. We were playing on the aforementioned island, and I had 2 deaths at 0%, from being Blazered while I was standing on the lowest part of the stage. I also got Blazered to death a third time while I jumping near the yellow blocks. Man, that move is so omni there! Unfortunately for Bao though, the law of free-for-alls still held, and Roy didn't win.

After eating a super expensive meal of pizza, I went to watch the episodes of Full Metal Alchemists that came out after I finished school, namely 29-31. All I have to say about those were that they were GOOD. I won't say anything about the plot since it'd be too hard to explain, but basically those episodes exceeded my expectations. I thought that after 20 something episodes, the series mighit start getting boring or going downhill, but I was wrong. The series kept up with its awesome character development events, and the ending of ep. 31 made both me and Bao really want to see the next episode. Due to outsider interference though, that won't be happening until like 2006. =/

Next up was our game of Settlers. Isaque hadn't played before, but it was really easy to teach him the ropes. I was red, like usual, and third in line to place starting settlements, and I chose a spot with good ore. Duy went last, and then I looked and saw another good ore place really close to my first one, so I decided to become the 'ore king' and take that spot as well. As I said, I eventually got lucky and managed to use both an ore harbour and a 3:1 harbour to my advantage to win. Surprisingly, hardly any 8's were rolled in this game, only at most 4 development cards were ever purchased, and 2 ppl happened to roll a 2 on the same round after I had soldiered the robber onto Isaque's sheep hex. It's weird how these probabilities work out sometime. For info, see http://www.baomon.com/catan/set-may13.jpg
or visit Bao's Blog and see his post about yesterday.

Got home at around 11:30 that night, and still had a lot of stuff to do, but was too tired to do any of it. So I went to go sleepy sleepy a bit early than I usually do these days.

=============================================================================================================

Unfortunately, didn't get to wake up earlier this morning, but it's alright since I still got to do everything that I needed to do before leaving. I had to dress in Gardener's clothes and find a tool to use as a prop, since I was recruited by Theresa to play a suspect in our game of Clue or "Pastor Sharon Murdered." I was scared that I wouldn't be able to find anything, but when I went outside to my backyard (which like hasn't been touched in ages) and looked where the tools are usually kept, I found one single spade, which was good enough after a bit of cleaning. Then had to talk to Andrew to figure how I was going to get to fellowship in the first place, but for some reason the connection was really bad and we couldn't really talk well. Fortunately, we still managed to get to church (almost) on time after making a pit stop at Dixie Park, another place which I haven't been too in a really long time. And for once, I actually ordered something other than a Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. (memories of Timeless, UW ppl?) While on the ride there, I also got try out some really sweet carrot cake (thanks Auntie and Andrew!).

Anyways, the turnout at both WAY and JOY was pretty small, so I was worried that the game wouldn't really go well. When the suspects first lined up in front of everyone, everyone was saying "Alan did it, he's the only one with a weapon!" haha. Actually, the game turned out okay, though everyone cheated by asking each suspect like 10 questions at time, while they were supposed to ask one question, and then go visit someone else before they came back. Andrew pointed out though, that if they did that, then the game would've taken much longer, even for teams of 3 like we had, to finish. I think I might've forgotten something and given one group wrong info by accident too, heh.
So the murdered turned out to be Cecilia, who killed Pastor Sharon with the drumsticks in...some room which I forgot. Everyone got the right answer except for a team of two ppl...hmmm...oh well. After that game, we tried to play this weird game in teams of 8, where each team member has a word of a sentence taped to their back, and teams have to always hold hands and run around outside, trying to read the sentences of the 3 other teams while not letting their sentences be read. That was messed up, didn't really go that well, since it was dark, and many teams just stuck to staying against the walls. Later, Theresa ruled that we couldn't stay against walls, but ppl still did anyways, and no one was able to get anyone else's message. Our team came really close though. We also had used some of the suspect id tags from the previous game and stuck them on to some of word tags, to try and confuse other teams lol.
The duck files at quarter after midnight! :)

Once the games were done, it was basicallly a free time of fellowship, which was good, since we spent a lot of time talking and getting to know ppl more. Me and Andrew and Di got to meet this guy named Alex who was on our team for the second game, and we talked for a fair bit. Eventually, some ppl from WAY joined us too, and I found out that the cop who was supposed to speak to them sprained his ankle and couldn't come, so according to Huston "me and Hubert did a song and dance." haha. During the day, we also tried to figure out why Di gets called "diane" so much instead of "diana". My theory was that ppl are lazy and don't want to pronounce the extra syllable, so that's the first version of the name that comes to mind...

I had wanted to go back to Chat and Tea House tonight to play so more SSBM or Soul Calibur 2, but unfortunately not many ppl were at church and so no one wanted to do anything. Alex and the three of us ended up being some of the last ppl to leave,and so we ended up going into the sanctuary so that Alex could play on the grand piano. He's pretty good, gr. 10 piano while in gr. 9 high school. I got back home, and managed to catch about the last 15 mins of another episdoe of CSI:LV that Bao told me about on the Spike Channel. It was good, now I feel even more sorry for stupid kids who end up getting hurt 'cause they were playing Russian Roulette. (though it is pretty fun with a Roy and 2 Marios ;) )
And now I'm here, typing up these two posts and not really feeling that tired.
The only bad thing about today was that I had a really good oppourtunity this afternoon, but I ended up not taking 'cause I was feeling really hot and not that in the mood for it. But there'll be plenty of other chances, and it's not that bad anymore.

And that's the start of my weekend. Later on though, I feel like writing more posts with a point or interesting topic in them, not just "this is my day and what I did in it." That's getting kinda...really routine sometimes...heh.

Tomorrow: Ultimate 6 player Settlers showdown!

No comments: